Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: Republica Case Study (Was: Re: [regrep] Web Siteupdate request)

David RR Webber wrote:

>Duane,
>
>I thought you had posted a note about versioning and not being able to
>track that.  Since a UID can be versioned, while a UUID cannot - if
>you need to support versioning - then you will need to define the
>content linkages via the UID referencing.
>
>Appears you are not supporting versioning - just static revisions...

IMO, we should leave versioning out of this UUID discussions as it is
premature. We do not know yet whether two version of an object have the
same id or different ids. There are many ways to do this:

a) All versions of same object have unique ids (UUID) version info
provided by major/minorVersion attributes

b) All versions of same object have same id (UUID) with disambiguating
version info provided by major/minorVersion attributes

I think versioning is worthy of a completely separate thread. Note that
this thread has already strayed from:

Web Site update request -->
    Republica Case Study -->
        UUID discussion -->
             Versioning discussion

I think we need to separate these threads and give each teh focus it
deserves.