Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: Republica Case Study (Was: Re: [regrep] Web Siteupdate request)

I was referring to Diego's earlier comment:

<Quote>
I think you're absolutelly right on making
clear that it is not necessarily aligned with ebXML work. I'm
working on the changes and I've added the following disclaimer:

"The project was not fully aligned with OASIS ebXML Standards and
should not be used as a reference implementation. Rather, this
case study should be read as a report of a successful experience
based on ebXML Standards. Furthermore, this case study should
inspire similar experiences to take place and to be shared
throughout the ebXML community. See section 3 for used
specifications and degrees of adoption."
</Quote>

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> ><Quote1>
> >"The project was not fully aligned with OASIS ebXML Standards
> ></Quote1>
> >
> >With all due respect to the hard work that I'm sure went into this, it
> >still puzzles me as to why OASIS would post something that is not in
> >line with the standards that have been created by an OASIS TC. I don't
> >believe that W3C posts products implementations that do not conform to
> >their Recommendations.
> >
> I respectfully disagree with your statements above.
>
> The work done by Republica is completely inline with the OASIS ebXML
> Registry version 2.1 standard and shows a fine example (case study) of
> how to apply an ebXML Registry to manage core components. The work
> predates the good work done in CCRIM which is still not available as a
> public document. Even when it is, based on current plans AFAIK it will
> be a non-normative technical note. It will not be an OASIS standards
> unless I missed a decision somewhere along the way.
>
> IMO, the Republica Case Study is not even obligated to be saying
> anything about CCRIM but I think it should say something along the lines
> of deferring to it when it is out.
>
> Diego has offered to do these changes to allay the concerns raised.
>
> I am not getting what the fuss is about. What OASIS standards are being
> violated? If anything this is one of the most sophisticated case studies
> of ebXML Registry specs that I have seen to date.
>
> I would like to respectfully request that Diego put edit the document
> based on input received by a set deadline and then we put the matter up
> for vote by the TC.
>
> FWIW, my vote is a resounding *YES* on the document whenever it is up
> for a vote.
>
> Thanks Diego for your valuable contributions.
>
> --
> Farrukh
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano