Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: ebXML: Will it Gain Traction in the US?]

Joe,

Yes and No!  There are definately moves afoot for major adoption
here in the US also.  Some are more publically known than others.

We are also seeing vendors who were in the early work on ebXML
now coming back in and working on implementations.  Again some
of this is more public than others.

I expect you will see announcements on all this in the next
couple of months.

In the meantime - Yes - Asia and Europe are both pressing
ahead with ebXML projects.

The challenge now for OASIS is to continue to deliver
enhanced specifications and more complete functionality
as these projects demand.  Two areas are in the "critical"
portion of this - 1) CAM integration with Registry and
XML semantics to support that. 2) Full function BPSS.

Of course we have both of these "inhand" but we really need
to build this out beyond what is in the specifications already.

Thanks, DW.

Quoting Chiusano Joseph <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>:

> My questions are:

(1) Is this observation valid?

(2) If so, what is the projected future direction of ebXML adoption here
in the US? Will it increase, decrease, or remain the same?

(3) If we were to consider the various "components" of ebXML (business
processes, registry, collaboration, etc.) rather than ebXML as a
framework, do any components in particular look more promising than
others for adoption here in the US?

http://drrw.net