Subject: Re: [regrep] Current Barriers to *Widespread* Adoption of XML Registries

Joe,

It's not that there's a "barrier" presay - its just that people do not see
a compelling need to "must have" one, or even "nice to have".

Since day-one - I've been saying that the registry service has
to be an integral part of the eBusiness delivery process.

And that means templates that people actually need to use
to create their business exchanges coupled with visibility in
software that they use every day.

So far the registry has focused on the "backend" middleware
side.

Once registry provides front-end integration - then you will
see much more use.

Here's the shortlist:

1) XMLSpy - interface to registry

2) MS Excel - interface to registry

3) CPA agreement templates

4) CAM Assembly interface and templates

5) BPSS designer interface and templates

There's various scattered pieces of this available,
but no coordinated effort to show these usage cases
and various implementations demonstrating it.

Cheers, DW.