Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML and Web Services: Is this a fair assessment?

Kathryn and David (or is it Sally and Duane?;),

Thanks to both of you for your very helpful responses.

Joe

David RR Webber wrote:

> Kathryn,
>
> I think some of this history stuff is best left in the past!  ; -)
>
> We had some real fun in those early Registry meetings!!
>
> Anyway - the main thrust and change occured when Bob Sutor decided
> to launch the UDDI work separate from ebXML and shortly after that
> IBM changed its status in ebXML from active to passive.
>
> The W3C also has some good notes on the history of the term "web services"
> and work that got started within the W3C.
>
> BTW - there was no technical reasons why this divergence through UDDI took
> place.
>
> DW

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano