Subject: RE: [regrep] UK Govt regrep requirements

Paul,

I am well aware of UBL, although perhaps not fully up to date. Various
people I deal with talk of aligning to UBL (or, to be accurate, I suggest
considering it), but all have decided to wait before making changes to
existing work. In particular, the UK has common naming standards used
throughout the public sector. These pre-date UBL (and the ebXML work on
component naming) and so are not fully compatible. Considering the change to
the UBL standards is a permanent fixture on our "items for consideration"
list, and was last rejected a month or so back.

Regards

Paul