Subject: Re: [regrep] Fw: [egov] Interoperability among Types of Registries

<Quote>
As we've discussed yesterday, it looks like it would be beneficial to
establish our liaison to this group.
</Quote>

I believe Duane Nickull is our liason to the E-Gov TC.

Joe

Nikola wrote:

> FYI,
>
> I find the attached presentation lacking to communicate a basic
> understanding of the current OASIS ebXML Registry Standard (see slide 10 and
> phrase "Registers XML Artifacts" and so on). Here is the list of
> capabilities that summarizes what an ebXML Registry is about:
>
> -  Registry + Repository of any type of content
> -  Very few verbs (similar to TupleSpaces like Linda, JavaSpaces, ...).
> -  Polymorphic, extensible and reflective object model
> -  Dynamic metadata support
> -  Uniform Identification of any type of objects (urn:uuid:...)
> -  Custom Identification of any type of objects (External Identifier)
> -  Association between any two objects
> -  Classification of any type of objects
> -  Taxonomy hosting, browsing and validation
> -  Service registration and discovery
> -  Registry packages to group any objects
> -  Event Archiving - complete audit trail
> -  Life cycle management of objects
> -  Flexible query options (Adhoc SQL92, XML Filter Queries)
> -  Cooperating registries (Federation, Replication, Remote Object
> references)
> -  Event Notification
> -  Content management services (pluggable Metadata and Content-specific
> Validation and Cataloging)
> -  Abstract interface - multiple web-based concrete bindings
> -  Concrete bindings for HTTP, SOAP, ebXML Messaging interfaces to registry
> -  Links to external content
> -  Service interfaces carry XML structures
> -  Security (XML-Signature, XACML)
> -  Native language (I18N) support
>
> As we've discussed yesterday, it looks like it would be beneficial to
> establish our liaison to this group. In the meantime, I hope people who
> participate in the e-Government TC would have a chance to comment on the
> attached email.
>
> Regards,
> Nikola

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano