Subject: [Fwd: ebXML Registry Conformance Tests]

FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	ebXML Registry Conformance Tests
Date: 	Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:02:37 -0500
From: 	Farrukh Najmi <farrukh.najmi@sun.com>
To: 	Mike Kass <michael.kass@nist.gov>

Hi Mike,

I am doing a lot of testing (junit based) in my freebXML Registry
project. I am finding the following tests to be the most useful initially:

-Insert an instance of each RegistryObject type. Make sure that all
types of composed objects (e.g. TelephoneNumber) are covered.

-Query and retrieve all instances of each RegistryObject type

-Update each attribute of an instance of each RegistryObject type and
query it back to see if the update worked

-Delete an instance of each RegistryObject type. Make sure that composed
objects (e.g. ExternalIdentifier are deleted implicitly)

-Fetch audit trail for an object that has been inserted, updated and
deleted and make sure that all activity was captured

-Perform complex multi-predicate SQL and filter queries

-Check default access control policy is enforced to make sure only owner
or RegistryAdministrator role can update / delete object, only
registered users can submit objects and anyone can read objects.

These above tests form what I feel are the most basic tests for checking
conformance. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or followup
questions.

I will send more as I gain experience. Thanks very much for your efforts
in this important area. Given the momentum we are seeing behind ebXML
Registry it would be vitally important to get an initial ebXML Registry
Conformance test ASAP.