Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: 'BCM Mapping with ebXMLRegistry'

In the interim, here are some high-level points and registry references
that I've extracted from the BCM spec.

Thanks,
Joe

HIGH-LEVEL POINTS:

- The Business-Centric Methodology (BCM) for Enterprise Agility and
Interoperability is a roadmap for the development and implementation of
procedures that produces effective, efficient, and sustainable
interoperability mechanisms.

- The methodology emphasizes ‘Business First’; shifting power and
responsibility to the users -- customers and business domain experts.

- The BCM task is to provide an overall roadmap for developing
interactions between collaboration partners and within Communities of
Interest (CoI). The roadmap can be used for new development, provid ing
guidance in defining requirements for the procurement of products, and
for providing the structure for interfacing to extend legacy application
and services.

- The BCM offers an approach for managers facing the problem of tying
together disparate systems and services. The approach extends the
traditional Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) model which only
provides internal viewpoints and reengineering of an organization’s
processes.

- The intent of the BCM is to provide flexible guidance to those
tackling the difficult challenge of interoperability at both tactical
and strategic levels. For instance, alignment of financial events
between organizations take prime importance when developing an
enterprise accounting architecture, whereas ‘verbs’ or services take
center stage when developing a series of shared core capabilities for an
advanced logistics distributed solution.

- The BCM provides template prompts for a prescribed set of views, with
the business manager determining the applicability of each such view to
the specific business requirements.

REGISTRY REFERENCES:

- The BCM promotes an architecture that supports the idea of global
knowledge.

- Architectures such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) may read
and/or write to common registry/database(s).

- Business knowledge is captured in a registry and forms the business
library above [see spec p.40 for reference].

- The registry contains data, process, and other business artifact
definitions including relationships and cross-references as expressed in
business terminology.

- The registry is the bridge between the specific business or industry
language and the knowledge expressed by the organization’s models in a
more generalized industry neutral language.

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> David RR Webber wrote:
>
> >We have our base presentation on BCM - and we can certainly trawl
> >through that and at various places add a slide that captures the
> >potential laundry list...then we can figure out in Philly together which
> >peices can be done "out-the-box" and which peices require more...
> >

> David,
>
> Can you please post a clear concise definition of what BCM is and a link
> to the BCM presentation that would be well suited for neophytes. Thanks
> for your help.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>
> |========================================================================|
> |                                                                        |
> | Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
> |                                                                        |
> | Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
> |   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
> |                                                                        |
> | When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
> |                                                                        |
> | Details at:                                                            |
> |   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |
> |                                                                        |
> |========================================================================|

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano