Subject: Re: [regrep] WS-I Basic Profile - and ebXML Registry?

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>The WS-I Basic Profile version 1.0a, section 3.2 "3.2 Conformance of
>Services, Consumers and Registries", defines a "REGISTRY" to be "a UDDI
>registry, capable of managing REGDATA.".
>
>What would it take to have an upcoming version of the Basic Profile
>acknowledge ebXML Registry as well?

I think it would make a lot of sense in a WS-I Advanced Profile ;-)

While I attach a smiley I did mean it seriously. Advanced
registry/repository requirements for Web Services are being met with
ebXML Registry and exceed the design center of UDDI.

| Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
| Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
|   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
| When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
| Details at:                                                            |
|   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |