Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: 'BCM Mapping with ebXMLRegistry'

Farrukh,

Not exactly.  The intent with the V1.0 specification is to describe the
big picture ( I was very impressed with Joe's summary - it indicates
that we are indeed getting the core of BCM into digestible
coherent chunks that people can identify and relate to).

However - you will notice that the Appendix - just as Appendix B -
cover off specifics for implementation.

So we anticipate that adopters can follow various paths:

a) simply take existing templates in their CoI and purpose those
    for their own localizations.

b) vendors can adapt their tools to support the BCM approach

c) normative spec's will develop that detail specific core functional
    behaviours - examples - choice points (appendix B), information
    architecture components in registry (one potential deliverable
    for our joint effort here), and related to these context variable
    definition, sharing and exchange (this is a sub-facet of choice points
    actually).

So beyond what Joe described as the function and mission
is the actual realization of those into your medium of choice
such as Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, OpenOffice docs, CPAs,
BPSS, that provide people with sets of templates that implement the
BCM approach.

They then take those a fill them in according to their business needs.

Now of course we can forsee that those templates can reside in a
registry for a CoI, with classifications, etc.

The closest analogy right now is probably OAG BODs - but they
are just schemas - with only a limited classification available.  BCM
really takes that to the next two levels up - in terms of accessiblity
and ebusiness integration of components and processes - not just
schema.

Hope that helps.

DW.