Subject: [Also Need Slot Order] Re: [regrep] Question

I concur. It may also be useful to include in the RIM an example of Slot
types that are currently being used, if there is value.

I believe that we'll also need Slot ordering, especially for Core
Components where multiple Slots may be provided for a Core Component
entity and the order is important (ex: multiple Qualifier terms, so
that  - for example - a BIE named "US_EmployeeAddressDetails" is not
misprocessed as "EmployeeUS_AddressDetails").

Thanks,
Joe

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Diego Ballvé wrote:
>
> >Chiusano Joseph wrote:
> >

> >>Duane,
> >>
> >>I see you've gotten some good responses from Farrukh and
> >>David. I'd like
> >>to add [1] as related, in that it references I18N capability for all
> >>Slots.
> >>
> >>Joe
> >>
> >>[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200309/msg00003.html
> >>

> >++1. This topic has been touched a few times but hasn't gone forward.
> >Users around the world are not happy/comfortable only with English.
> >As Duane is experiencing now and we have experienced with LomakeFi,
> >there are situations that different languages (and knowledge about
> >these languages) are required, not only for RO name/description, but
> >also for Slots.
> >
> >Diego

> +++1
>
> Since we are not planning a meeting until after new years I propose that
> we resolve this issue over email.
> My suggestion in the original email was quite simple:
>
> -Replace the type of the value attribute in Slot from string to
> InternationalString.
>
> Are there any objections? Kathryn, can we put the issue to vote as follows:
>
> "Should the type of the value attribute of Slot be changed from string
> to InternationalString to allow Slots to be Internationalized?"
>
> The reference URL should be:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200311/msg00033.html
>
> If approved I volunteer to take ownership of the issue and making the
> changes necessary. Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
>
> |========================================================================|
> |                                                                        |
> | Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
> |                                                                        |
> | Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
> |   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
> |                                                                        |
> | When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
> |                                                                        |
> | Details at:                                                            |
> |   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |
> |                                                                        |
> |========================================================================|
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano