Subject: Re: [regrep] Alignment with Semantic Web

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Shall we invite TBL?

It would be a great honor if TBL would have the time to work with us
directly. I suspect though that he would politely decline and refer us
to other capable folks within the SWA (Semantic Web Activity) community.

Along the same idea though, as soon as we have approved and formed the
proposed Semantic Content Management SC (SCMSC), we should send an
invitation to relevant Semantic Web mailing lists and invite people to
join the TC and the SCMSC and help us in the effort.

Here is an initial list (Please suggest others.):

www-rdf-interest@w3.org (RDF community)
public-sws-ig@w3.org (Semantic Web Services)
www-webont-wg@w3.org (Web Ontology)

We should also pursue formal liaison with relevant groups.
Here is an initial list (Please suggest others.):

-W3C SWA (RDF, OWL)

-IEC (Technical Committee 57 / Working group 16)

-DAML/S

-Topicmaps.org

> /d
> Carl Mattocks wrote:
>
>> 'Semantic Web' is a good name ... I'll happily co-chair.
>>
>> To get us going - I suggest we consider leveraging the work of the
>> OWL-s folk
>> http://www.daml.org/meetings/2003/05/SWMU/briefings/Tutorial_C_Part_1.ppt
>>
>> http://www.daml.org/meetings/2003/05/SWMU/briefings/Tutorial_C_Part_2.ppt
>>
>> http://daml.semanticweb.org/2003/10/pi-meeting/Owl_Tools_Final_Paolucci.pdf

>> =========================================|

> of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php.

| Going to XML 2003, Dec 8-12, Philadelphia PA?                          |
| Come see a very cool presentation and demo:                            |
|   "Epidemic Management Using OASIS ebXML, UBL and XACML Standards      |
| When: Wednesday, December 10 / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM                       |
| Details at:                                                            |
|   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/interopdemos_oasis.asp#4    |