Subject: Re: [regrep] V3.0 of ebXML for SOA (SOA-NOT)

Zachary,

I like to believe that CAM is a salve that can help with these situations.  But I also
did some work for the State of Maryland earlier this year looking at how their
ugly legacy world can be helped by adding an ebXML messaging component.
Clearly web access is a very powerful tool - but the trick is to link that into
the backends via a common XML format that works for every access point,
(forms, IVR, email, etc) and brings consistency and security to the chaos.

It's usually a case of keeping the legacy system afloat for long enough that
you can get a better solution up and taking over.

What you need from the new solution is that it does not fall into the
same ugly pits as the old.   I believe that is a large part of what we are
preaching here - that our methods do improve on the past.

Cheers, DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:35 PM

David,

Is there any room in ebXML-Land for someone that is not wedded to the notion that a web frontend solves all problems?  I have seen some really nasty backend systems that were impossible to partition and/or scale.  I have worked with networks that very overloaded and resource constrained. Is there any room for “an ebXML Registry-Lite” and/or “Nomadic Application Support?”

Zachary Alexander

The IT Investment Architect

ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325

http://www.ebTDesign.com