Subject: RE: [regrep] RDF Data Access WG Charter

Farrukh,

Can you elaborate more on your ideas here.  If the RDF API supports the
ebXML submit/approve/deprecate/remove workflow and has a sufficiently
powerful query mechanism, why wouldn't an RDF API completely meet our
registry API needs?  Would we want to find out if RDF DA WG is interested in
supporting our use cases?  It seems that the best thing would be the
unification of the two API's.  I fully agree that submitting requirements to
or just following the progress of the RDF DA WG is a good thing.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 2:46 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Farrukh,
>
>Thanks for this information. I attended an XML 2003 session [1] given by
>Graham Moore (co-author, RDF Net API) that covered RDF Data Access, and
>found it very interesting.
>
>Joe
>
>[1] "Semantic Web Servers - Engineering the Semantic Web":
>http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2003/thursday.asp#35

I did not attend that session. Do you think that if ebXML Registry
version 4 provides first class support for publish and discovery of RDF
and OWL content that it would essentially be providing all the
functionality provided by the RDF Net API? If so am I correct to assume
that it would actually provide a super-set of functionality of RDF Net API?

Also, did you get any sense of whether RDF Net API was on a standards
track anywhere yet? Thanks.

Happy new year everyone.