Subject: RE: [regrep] [Fwd: SemPGRID04: Call for Paper (DATE CORRECTIONS!)]

Carl,

I would add some reference to JXTA.  There was an ebXML Registry JXTA
project. But I haven't seen any traffic on their list.

I would say something about how the ebXML Registry could aid P2P
networks become Self Organizing and Self Healing based on agreed upon
domain Semantics.

Optionally, you could say something about how the ebXML Registry could
aid in the acquisition and management of the domain knowledge that leads
to Semantic Rules.

Zachary Alexander
The IT Investment Architect
ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
http://www.ebTDesign.com
http://www.p2pspeaker.com
http://www.p2peconomy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Mattocks [mailto:carlmattocks@checkmi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 3:49 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: SemPGRID04: Call for Paper (DATE
CORRECTIONS!)]

A first draft of regrep-scm ' Enabling Semantic Grid Computing with
ebXML
Registry '  design objectives.

The  Semantic Content capabilities of the ebXMLRegistry   would allow
the
flexible, secure,  coordinated resource sharing among dynamic
collections
of individuals,   institutions,   and   resources,  enabling  virtual
organizations.   Problems   encountered   include  authentication,
authorization,    resource   access,   resource   discovery,   and
interoperation  of  active services.

Supported content includes  Web  Services since there  is  an  agreement
that Web Services would benefit from  more  semantics

Design objectives include but are not limited to, the following:
    * Scalable infrastructures for service discovery in Grid
      computing and P2P networks, e.g., based on reconfiguration
      of the network with respect to shared interests or shared
      ontologies
    * Interoperation infrastructure for enabling heterogeneous
      peers to exchange and translate information
    * Emergent Semantics and incrementally learning and evolution
      of ontologies in an P2P environment
    * Metadata infrastructures for P2P and Grid computing
    * Task ontologies and service composition languages
    * Service Composition framework
    * Data Integration of P2P and Grid applications
    * Interaction of the Semantic Web and Grid Services
    * Semantics-based routing
    * Agent-Architectures based on P2P and Grid Computing
      technology

:-}

Carl

<quote who="Farrukh Najmi">