Subject: UK Government Registry Requirements

I hope people remember the discussions we had last year about this. We got
as far as agreeing to put together a document based on the requirements of
the UK MOD and wider requirements that others could contribute.

Sorry about the delay (I have been tied up with the Election Markup
Language), but I have now done a first draft of those parts of the document
that I said that I would do. It is at
http://boynings.co.uk/mod/regrep-v0-2.pdf.

The next stage is to add wider requirements and come up with a
standards-based architecture to achieve these requirements. My goal is to
create an architecture using OASIS standards that can be used to allow these
registries to interact, not only within government, but also, for example,
with a UBL repository. Although I am talking about the registry (which will
obviously use ebXML standards since we are discussing it here) I believe
there is a lot we need to decide in terms of how the registry is used and
the client applications required. However, it is essential within Government
not to specify specific applications to be used.

My hope is that people will read this document (it is a PDF, but I am happy
to do other formats on request) and we can discuss it at the telecon on
Thursday.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Director