Subject: RE: [regrep] UDDI FAQ entry on ebXML Registry

"Federation" is rather overloaded and I'd prefer not using it as we probably
mean different things by it - i.e. v3 from our perspective implements
federation a fact that some would likely debate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 07:07
To: carlmattocks@checkmi.com
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org; Luc Clément

Carl Mattocks wrote:

>Could we state in both FAQs that - UDDI & ebXMLRegistry can be used as
>federated registries ?

I do not believe that is the case. UDDI TC is working on federation features
for UDDI V4 AFAIK.
Currently I believe UDDI model for ditributed registries is to use
transaction replication.

I would suggest that we  not get into that level of detail for this FAQ
question. Luc, please feel free to comment as you see fit.