Subject: RE: [regrep] UDDI FAQ entry on ebXML Registry

Title: RE: [regrep] UDDI FAQ entry on ebXML Registry
Why not add a note to the effect the ebXML and UDDI are interoperable and can be used in a complementary fashion.

You might want to coordinate these FAQ messages with the UDDI TC's FAQ and identify areas where both say ebXML and UDDI each are designed with a particular market segment in mind, with ebXML specifically serving Business and Government in a wider focus beyond Web Services, which explains why ebXML provides a registry and repository, while UDDI focuses more on the Business in general and Web Services in particular, and does not provide a repository in favor of allowing particular Business Segments to be served by more specialized repositories provided by Business interests? Both ebXML and and UDDI can each say that there specifications serve the complete spectrum, so that neither is perceived as being so limited that either Business or Government segments need to use both, but can choose to do so in order to take advantage of the more specialized interaction channels provided.

I, for one, would like to see the implicit competition dissolve and/or change into cooperation and coordination. FWIW, I recognize that the Business side has more adamant adherents who have actively pursued the ascendency of their more limited (read centralized and platform-specific) focus. In their defense, I think it is wise to recognize that it is also due to company-specific myopia, and a reluctance to accept the necessity of supporting a wider range of interests (more work) rather than monopolistic practices per se. That is also not to say that some unnamed parties are largely incapable of acting outside of their monopolistic default state unless prompted by market conditions or legal action.

Ciao,
Rex