Subject: Re: [regrep] UK Government Registry Requirements

Paul,

OK - got it.  I was aware of that situation too.  Too many
choices!  Hopefully some CAM templates can help
smooth out the rough edges here.  For instance a
sub-assembly could contain rules for all three formats
and then a context parameter would drive creation of
the right format based on use.

Cheers, DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 2:05 PM

David,

I would just re-iterate that addresses are used for more than delivering mail. If you have Royal Mail there, you have one aspect of addressing in the UK. However, this address format is totally different from that used by, for example, local authorities in the UK. If you look at the Election Markup Language, you will see that we use "structured" and "unstructured" addresses to cater for just this problem. In the International version, both map to the CIQ formats. In the UK version, one maps to addresses based on some ISO standard, and the other to the British Standard (BS7666).

Regards

Paul