Subject: Re: [regrep] Direct Data Exchange vs. SOA

Joseph,

Isn't SOA in this context actually more like (1a) as oposed to (2)?
Exchange of the PO and Invoice will still happen between partners
directly.  The only difference would be in how parties find each other
and keep their mutual information up to date.  By using the SOA model,
parties are able to keep their information up to date in all places, and
don't have to manage partners one-by-one.

That said, I would say that an organization would choose the SOA model
for its scalable approach to partner management.  They would lean toward
SOA for the same reason the leaned toward LDAP to manage access control
across their enterprise.

Regards,

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect