Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: Support for ebXML registry

I've responded to Rex under separate cover, but if anybody else is
interested in the details and sample files, let me know and I'll send them
to you. Just didn't want to hit everyone in the list with material that they
might not be interested in.

cheers

pk

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 8:03 AM
To: Peter Kacandes; ebXML Regrep (ebXML Regrep)

Hi Peter,

I participate in the Emergency Management, HumanMarkup and WSRP TCs.
In WSRP, Farrukh has recently been working to produce the latest
ebXML tech note for the publish-find-bind subcommittee in preparation
for next week's F2F meetings. I have discussed with Farrukh
eventually combining some form of the ebXML Registry demo from
XML2003 with one I did using CAP, the Common Alerting Protocol, of
the Emergency Mgt. TC with WSRP, using web services portlet to
deliver emergency information. I am interested in your use of a
healthcare related form, because that is the next step in this
progression for the Emergency Mgt TC. So if you could send me the
form and some details, I would like to see if I can begin adapting it
using the ebXML Registry.

Thanks,
Rex

At 7:09 PM -0800 2/27/04, Peter Kacandes wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I was a participant in the demo at HIMSS. Part of the demo that I was
>involved in was very similar to what we did at XML2003.
>
>In this case, the form involved the California Dept. of Health Botulism
Case
>Report form.
>
>We demonstrated importing HL7 CDA data from Epic into the form, filling out
>the form, and then exporting the data in HL7 CDA format.
>
>From us, the data went to a "broker" (MSBizTalk), which then sent the data
>both to Raining Data and to the NIST ebXML Registry. Bill Majurski was
>running the NIST registry throughout the duration and Lisa Carnahan was
also
>their for a good portion of the show.
>
>The NIST registry played a central role in all four scenarious in the demo,
>not just the Public Health scenario that I was involved in.
>
>From the NIST registry/broker, a message was sent to the the CA State
Health
>Department. The State Health Department then created a Nationally
Notifiable

--
Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com