Subject: Re: [regrep] Alignment with Web Services Security

Here is some additional information on wsu:Id which may or may not
change our perspective:

- The wsu:Id attribute is defined so that recipients don't have to
understand the full schema of the message for processing of the security
elements;

- The wsu:Id attribute provides a well-known attribute for specifying
the *local ID* of an element - that is, the ID of an element within an
XML document;

- The WSS SOAP Message Security specification does not specify how this
attribute will be used, and "it is expected that other specifications
MAY add additional semantics (or restrictions) for their usage of this
attribute."

- There are multiple places in the WSS SOAP Message Security spec in
which the wsu:Id attribute is defined as a "string label" (ex: line 528)
rather than as type xsd:ID - not sure if a URI would be considered a
"string label";

Joe