Subject: Re: [regrep] linkage between schemas, ontologies, taxonomies and data dictionaries,

John,

Good questions - the path forward we have engineered in CAM is:

#1 - Structure section
       A Transaction structure - eg OAG BOD, some XML, UBL, et al.

#2 - Conference reference section
        Points to registry, and
        Associates UDEF IDs to each element / attribute in #1
        note: element tag names can be any - UDEF ID
        establishes what the actual field (aka noun) is.

#3 - Registry contains nouns in XML instances - referencable by
        UDEF ID - that contain the semantics of the elements (eg -
        allowed values, format, length, datatype, etc.).

#4 - XML to capture the taxonomy of the noun dictionary - this
        Ron showed diagrams for in the ebXMLForum.com
        article - each of these diagrams can be modelled in
        VisualScript and then XML generated automatically
        from those - right now that XML is looking like OWL
        that the Registry SCM is currently working on
        defining.

DW.