Subject: Re: [regrep] QoS in ebXML Registry?

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>>PMACIAS@lmi.org wrote:
>>
>>Farrukh,
>>
>>I agree with those QoS use cases. In addition, I get a sense from the
>>DoD that their mostly focusing on making sure a Web service user knows
>>their options about what to do in the case of failure.  For example:
>>
>>    * If this service fails to execute, then the alternative is to
>>_______.
>>    * If this service fails to execute, then contact _________.
>>

>Actually, this gets more into Web Services Choreography (exception
>cases), and things such as WS BPEL. I believe that this should be
>separate from the registry information model, and should be specified in
>the choregraphy "scripts", which might be stored in the registry.

mm1: BPEL can handle a fault associated with some type of unknown or
unallocated occurrence. However, it does not understand QOS - i.e that
specific business level attributes are associated with the process (i.e.
security, non-repudiation, reliability, etc). These QOS are understood
in ebBP (aka ebXML BPSS).