Subject: Why not use ebXML Registry for OASIS documentr management?

Hi Karl,

I am curious if you have considered using an ebXML Registry for all your
document management needs.
I would welcome your engaging with the TC if the specs are lacking some
critical features. I would be interested
in understanding what led you to subversion instead of ebXML Registry.

An obvious missing feature is version control and you may not be aware
but the TC is working on adding version control
to our version 3.0 specs.

Any other reasons that prevented you from using ebXML Registry as your
doc management system?

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl F. Best"
>> <karl.best@oasis-open.org>

>>> implementation (April 2004) includes only the native SVN