Subject: Re: [regrep] Issue with UUID's for Core Components and BIE's

Paul:

Very valid comments.  Some notes with [DN]

PMACIAS@lmi.org wrote:

><PM>I think to be in line with the spirit of the CCTS I think it'd be best to expect both the CC and BIE objects to be stored.  In the CCTS model a qualified BIE is based on the CC, not the unqualified BIE representation of the CC.  True, the unqualified BIE must match the CC completely. Though for those that want to be true to the CCTS model I'd recommend allowing for the storing of CCs, so that BIEs can be associated (in the ebXML registry sense of association) to the CC they are based on.</PM>

[DN] the issue I have encountered several times is that often the BIE's
and CC's are used outside of the registry and possibly in an environment
where there is no registry access.  Therefore, the Registry association
mechanism may not work.

There is also a use case whereby the BIE and CC are stored in two
different registries.  An association could probably be tweaked via the
HTTP access to the registry object to represent this, however that is
probably not a good practice.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist