Subject: Re: [regrep] service discovery,finding an object's registry with only an ID...

Matt:

Cool!  This could be a very good idea.  The only other competitor idea
was to use UDDI as a locator/binding discovery service for ebXML
Registries however the issue of how to locate the UDDI server in the
first place would replace the problem DNS-SD solves so I favor this
approach.  Besides that, both UDDI and ebXML Registry can use the DNS-SD
approach.

I would like to suggest to the TC that we schedule this for either our
F2F (if we get time) or next teleconference.  Matt is coming to NO so
perhaps he could be there in person to present how this could work
although I think I could also present it if he is busy.

As a sidenote, I am in Amsterdam for XML Europe 2004 with Farrukh.  Just
about every talk I attended ( I don't count mine) today had a long range
roadmap that included a "Registry".  Most favor use of the ebXML
Registry system for its feature set and ease of use.  I see that
Registries will likely become a pervasive technology as the P2P SOA
architectures continue to grow.  Here is my quote:

"Registries will become to SOA what the search engines are to the internet."

Duane Nickull

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.