Subject: Re: [regrep] XML2004 abstract deadline: May 7

Hi Folks,

Even though I don't particpate in this group, I do keep track of it,
hence my inclusion of it as well as bcm and cam, in my own effort to
drum up an overarching multiple approach to the theme of Solution to
Syntax. So I will keep an eye on this and suggest that showing
alternate means for managing content than the heavyweight WSRP
mechanism would be delightful.

As the grunt who just slogged through the second pass at the Markup
Interface Section of the Primer for WSRP, I am becoming intimately
familiar with how important the regrep is and the work being done on
the tech notes for ebXML and UDDI, but for single webapps or smaller
scale collaborations that don't entail managing a large enterprise IT
portal, having reliable and secure means to share portlet-like
objects without all that overhead is guaranteed to be a winner for
the lower tier of businesses. It's not going to be unmanageable for
us small fry for a while, but it will, it will. (I'm already feeling
guilty about the extent to which it is going to require integrated
tools and platforms.) And we thought we were the lighter weight
alternative to CORBA.

Sheesh!
Rex