Subject: Re: [regrep] [ebXML Registry and Fine-Grained Registration][Fwd: .gov XML Registry Services]

which is pretty much the topic of ...
the XMXL 2004 presentation title I just submitted 'Guidelines for
e-Government Service Schema Component Management using an ebXML Registry /
Repository'

The objective of this presentation is to provide guidelines on how the
standards being developed by the OASIS ebXML Registry and Context Assembly
Mechanism Technical Committees can help meet the needs of e-Government
Service providers. The primary focus of the guidelines is to support a
usage scenario that includes  ¡V
„h Registration and storage of  e-Government Service Metadata (EGSM)
artifacts
„h Registration and storage of  Schema Components used in many distinct
Schemas
„h Storage of the knowledge embedded in a registered Data Dictionary
„h Use of Data Dictionary items when managing schema components
„h Use of Registry / Repository ¡¥Context Declaration¡¦ when managing
schemas employing UN/CEFACT Core Components
„h Use of CAM (Context Assembly Mechanism) for binding structural,
contextual and referential information to schema components
„h Classification of EGSM, Data Dictionary Items, Schema Components,
Context Declarations and Context Assembly Mechanism to facilitate
discovery and deployment
In particular, the scope of this guideline includes:
„h Many objects are defined by data type (Anonymous data types are not used)
„h Namespaces are defined for certain types of content
„h Messages are defined as XML Schemas

Further that Schema component life cycle management employs the W3C XML
Schema recommendation that includes:
„h registering proposed schema components as drafts;
„h reviewing proposed schema components;
„h registering approved schema components;
„h assembling complete schemas from components; and
„h managing the lifecycle of the components and schemas.

In terms of publishing content the ebXML Registry / Repository
specification supports:
„h publishing to a central registry / repository; or
„h publishing to a federation of many individually many registry /
repository facilities.

The audience will be shown the characteristics of a classification
structure supporting the discovery and deployment of schema components in
a target namespace relating to the project for which the schema is being
developed. Wherein, the stages of discovery & deployment activities
include:
„h search for suitable components
„h develop new components
„h develop the structure of the new schema centric documents/messages
„h register the new schema components and documents/messages
„h notify users of new versions of components that they are using
„h identify users of obsolescent components
„h remove obsolete components

Understanding that the UN/CEFACT Core Components Technical Specification
version 2.0 contains a logical data model for a core component - the
presentation participants will learn that the terminology used for the
Core Components working group¡¦s BIE is synonymous a Data Dictionary
Element. The key difference being that UN/CEFACT CCWG Core Component is
envisioned as a global set of business collaborations vs. the typical
local Data Dictionary has been scoped solely for a particular domain.

Attendees will also learn how the Context Assembly Mechanism employs
templates to bind structural, contextual and referential information to
schema components. Wherein using CAM <context condition=¡¨XPath
expression¡¨/> allows for dynamic assignments of context to a Schema
Component instance , such as, assigning additional properties to message
when it is routed via a ¡¥Reliable Messaging System ¡¥.

<quote who="Chiusano Joseph">

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums