Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: [regrep-semantic] Proposed EU address validationservice

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Peter F Brown wrote:
>
>> Hi Farrukh:
>> One starting point would be to raise the issue at the Semantic
>> Interoperability workshop in Norway later this month [1]. There will
>> be representatives from the European Commission's eGovernment Unit
>> there, with whom I have been in touch in recent days...
>>
>> Hans Aanesen will be there for the OASIS EPR-Forum, and I thought
>> that David Webber would come to, although I don't see him as
>> registered. I'm still waiting for a reply on funding to see whether I
>> take part or not...
>>
>> I think the key is demonstrating that there are generic,
>> standards-based technology solutions to the sort of issues that this
>> sort of registry is raising....
>>

> +1 on above
>
> If given the opportunity to show the value of generic, standards-based
> technology solutions we will stand a good chance to get traction.
>
> While I cannot travel for the event I offer to be avilable over the
> phone if needed to present or even give a remote demo via WebEx etc.
>
> Thanks again for sharing this information.

I should have mentioned that ebXML Registry defines the User type in RIM
which really should have been sub-classed from a Person type (this could
be a trivial change for V3 if there is support and interest). The User
type defines all usual attributes of a person including structured name,
address, telephone number, email address etc. It even associates a
digital certificate with a person. Finally, like the rest of RIM classes
it is entirely attribute extensible. Thus a User / Person class could be
used to meet the needs of the EU Address Validation Service. Note that
the User / Person class may be used independent of anything else in the
registry since it is not a composed object within another type.