Subject: [Paper on Federated Registries] Re: [Fwd: Semantic Web Services Architecture Committee Requirements Document]

FYI: I sent the e-mail below to the SCM subcomittee, then noticed one of
the citations [1] which was a paper on "Discovery of Web Services in a
Federated Registry Environment" - so I thought it might be of interest
to the full TC. Includes references to both UDDI and ebXML Registry.

This University of Georgia (US) paper discusses the METEOR-S Web Service
Discovery Infrastructure[2][3], which provides an ontology based
infrastructure to provide access to registries divided based on business
domains and grouped into federations. It also discusses how Web Service
discovery is carried out within a federation.

[1] http://lsdis.cs.uga.edu/Library/download/MWSDI-ICWS04-final.pdf
[2] http://lsdis.cs.uga.edu/proj/meteor/mwsdi.html
[3] http://lsdis.cs.uga.edu/Projects/METEOR-S/index.php

Joe