Subject: Re: [regrep] Meeting reminder and agenda for meeting TODAY

All,

I've already notified Kathryn that I cannot attend today's call :( due
to a client commitment -- but I wanted to mention something that I heard
this week from my US federal client that resonated with me regarding our
work, particularly from the standpoint of content management:

This person referred to the fact that there was a need to use 2
different content managment products for a project (the reason is too
long to explain here) - one for ECM, the other for Web content
management. They mentioned that a challenge in this scenario was that it
may be difficult to use the 2 products together because their
repositories are not compatible.

So I thought, if only these components complied with the same
standard...

Joe

"Breininger, Kathryn R" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > I appreciate your assistance in this matter, and I am sure the OASIS Board will also appreciate your input.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > Andy Moir
> > 412.848.1545 Cell
> > 412.492.7060 Work/Home
> > Text message:  4128481545@vtext.com
> > E-Mail:  andy.moir@comcast.net
> > >  <<Market for OASIS Adoption Services Discussion Topics 2004.07.21.doc>>

>                                                                              Name: Market for OASIS Adoption Services Discussion Topics 2004.07.21.doc
>    Market for OASIS Adoption Services Discussion Topics 2004.07.21.doc       Type: WINWORD File (application/msword)
>                                                                          Encoding: base64

> Subject: [regrep] ACTION: send sample of use case in story book format
> Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:32:49 -0700
> From: "Farrukh Najmi" <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>
> To: <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> Per my AI from today's meeting...
>
> Attached is what I propose as format and style for use cases we develop.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh

> Subject: ACTION: write up ebXML registry UC
> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:26:20 -0700
> From: "Farrukh Najmi" <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>
> To: "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
>
> (Resending as HTML with link embedded as hyperlinks. Last attempt was accidently sent as plain text).
>
> ACTION: Farrukh, write up ebXML registry UC
>

> Below is a first draft of a proposed ebXML Registry use case. I am sending it in HTML format for easier integration into document. Let me know if this is inconvenient to anyone and I will resend.
>
> n.m Searching and Browsing an Ontology Repository
>
> Peter is developing a medical knowledge base using OWL <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt> /RDF in collaboration with medical domain experts all over the world. The knowledge base is used within electronic patient records <http://xml.coverpages.org/hl7PRA.html> . To facilitate collaboration and avoid duplication the team is using a federated <http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/presentations/xmlEurope2004/04-02-02.pdf>  ebXML Registry to store the knowledge base they are building. When adding a new concept to the knowledge base Peter uses a Registry <http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/3.0/registryBrowser>  Browser application to search the ebXML Registry for similar or related concepts. The Registry Browser allows Peter to choose a parameterized <http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/3.0/registryBrowser/discovery.html#Adhoc%20Queries>  query from a set of  pre-configured parameterized queries and offers a form that Peter uses to enter the query parameters. Peter enters a few parameters and!
 issues