Subject: [Fwd: SCM 2 month conference call Hiatus]

Given the significance of the proposal I am sharing this with the whole TC

Subject: SCM 2 month conference call Hiatus
From:    "Carl Mattocks" <carlmattocks@checkmi.com>
Date:    Fri, August 6, 2004 4:25 pm
To:      regrep-semantic@lists.oasis-open.org

Gentle SCM Folks :

Farrukh & I are in agreement that the success of this sub-committees work
is highly dependent on two factors which have an uncertain short term
future :

The ebXMLRegistry RIM - which is now in an alpha stage of its third version.

The ability of Individual Members to continue making contributions - which
are subject to the major changes in requirements for Individual Members
included in the recent proposed IPR Policy. e.g. Individual Membership
would no longer be available to anyone whose IP is owned by his or her
employer (as required by most employment agreements).
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/members-only/download.php/7515
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/members-only/download.php/7554

We therefore propose to take a 2 month haitus from Conference Calls and
limit conversations to the list server. This will allow us to maintain a
documented trail of all discussions should we need to reference them for
IP purposes.

your earnest comments please ?

Thanking you for your support thus far

Carl & Farrukh

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums