Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] SCM 2 month conference call Hiatus

Carl Mattocks wrote:

>Gentle SCM Folks :
>
>Farrukh & I are in agreement that the success of this sub-committees work
>is highly dependent on two factors which have an uncertain short term
>future :
>
>The ebXMLRegistry RIM - which is now in an alpha stage of its third version.

To add to Carls statement above...

We are currently focused on getting ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications
finalized and submitted to OASIS.
This requires a great deal of effort which makes it hard to concentrate
on SCM SC in the interim period.
Since ebXML Registry 3.0 will be a foundation to build SCM SC work on we
feel it makes sense to focus
on it until it is submitted to OASIS. Thanks.

>The ability of Individual Members to continue making contributions - which
>are subject to the major changes in requirements for Individual Members
>included in the recent proposed IPR Policy. e.g. Individual Membership
>would no longer be available to anyone whose IP is owned by his or her
>employer (as required by most employment agreements).
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/members-only/download.php/7515
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/members-only/download.php/7554

Above OASIS policy change concerns me as so many solid contributors to
OASIS TCs
are individual members. Is there not a way to allow individual
membership to continue
provisional upon the Individual Member providing some sort of waiver
from his employer
regarding IP contributions? Surely something could be worked out here?