Subject: Re: [regrep] [TN Proposal] Mapping Business Information Models to ebXML RegistryInformation Model (Was: [regrep] UN/CEFACT-ICG adopts freebXML Registry)

Mapping Domain Patterns in ISO/TS 15000 Registry Information Model
should be of interest to those who need to take a risk free approach

<quote who="Chiusano Joseph">
> Excellent idea. I recall mention of this during the earlier CC-RIM in
> summer 2003.
>
> Regarding the title: Perhaps can do something with the word "Business",
> as it seems to convey that the TN would cover only information at a
> higher layer, and I don't think we would much care what the
> meaning/intent of the information was. Perhaps we could:
>
> (1) Drop the word "Business" (becomes "Mapping Information Models...")
> (2) Supplement it ("Mapping Business and Domain Specific Information
> Models..."), or
> (3) Substitute it (no particular word comes to mind right now)
>
> Joe
>
> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>>
>> Yet another important thing I did not mention is that as we were
>> discussing the
>> mapping from CCTS UML Model to ebRIM UML model I suggested that the
>> registry TC
>> should create a TN titledsomething like:
>>
>> "Mapping Business Information Models to ebXML Registry Information
>> Model"
>>
>> This TN would provide the generic patterns and algorithms for mapping
>> any
>> Business or Domain specific information model to ebRIM.
>>
>> This is an idea that Nikola had come up with a long time ago. As I
>> recall he had
>> even made a list of such patterns at some point.
>>
>> As more and more domains are adopting ebXML Registry standard they are
>> faced
>> with the recurring need to map between their info model and ebRIM.
>> Currently
>> this is being done ad hoc. With the proposed TN this recurring need will
>> be
>> nicely addressed.
>>
>> I view the proposed TN to be very valuable indeed to the ebXML Registry
>> user
>> community. I expect the paper to be relatively brief.
>>
>> I have spoken to Nikola about resurrecting his work in this area and he
>> graciously agreed. During the course of next week Nikola and I will
>> collaborate
>> to put an initial draft of the proposed TN for the teams review.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for sharing any thoughts on this idea and specially on
>> the
>> title of the note.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Farrukh
>>
>> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>>

>> > The UN/CEFACT Information Content Management Group (ICG) has
>> officially
>> > adopted the ebXML Registry standard as the center
>> > piece of their new Information Content Management Architecture.
>> >
>> > The architecture will be implemented as a federation of autonomous
>> ebXML
>> > Registries operated by various UN/CEFACT members countries and
>> > organization. They are also envisioning a top level UN/CEFACT ebXML
>> > Registry as the leader of the registry federation. The UN registry
> [...]

Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums