Subject: Re: [regrep] Impact of ICG Adoption on CCRIM SC (Was: [regrep]UN/CEFACT-ICGadopts freebXML Registry)

Duane,

Parsing Error!

I was comparing the "make everything attributes approach" in your
example - to the noun XSD that SCM is
working on where related content is organized with XPath parent nodes..

If you really think that once people are deploying their own CC
registries - that the attribute mechanism is
not an open invitation to them to add in their own extensions - you
really are dreaming!   Every authority
out there will find a need to add their own - STEP, OAGi, X12, PIDX,
HL7, DOD, GSA, the list goes on.
That is interoperability hell - read W3C Schema XSD - where we are right
now.

Question - why would I retrieve the German fragment - if I want French?
Question - why would I retrieve the text description notes if I'm
checking the business rules?

You completely missed the point about the original intent - and Farrukhs
stated path at the CEFACT meeting,
which remains to show how the native RIM can support the mechanisms CCTS
needs in terms of associative
semantics and CC management - since the naitve RIM is highly optimized
and should be preferred - rather
than tricks inside XML instances with attribute lists.

That mapping is crucial.  Once we have that - then we look at extending
the needs to cover the physical
implementation layer - under that logical layer.  That is what the SCM
noun XSD is focused on doing -
augmenting the CCTS/RIM mapping - but otherwise leveraging and relying
on RIM to provide the core
associative heavy lifting for the CCTS model.

DW