Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: IECM Standards Proposal

Matt,
+1

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services

From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:mattm@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 11:19 AM
To: Farrukh Najmi
Cc: Chiusano Joseph; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

I don't agree that ebXML Registry should be compared directly to
content management solutions unless the messaging around such a
comparison is that  ebXML Registry forms a lightweight content
management solution.

Of course, some people have implemented ebXML Registry solutions that
are capable of handling the same volume of data that content management

solutions do, I just don't think that we should be departing from the
pure registry concept.  It serves us better if users/customers
understand that a registry doesn't need to own all of its content.

-Matt

jtsprehe@jtsprehe.com;
>> sheila.campbell@gsa.gov; Thomas_McClay@ios.doi.gov;
>> tbyrne@cmswatch.com;
>> ejw@cse.ucsc.edu; bmanago@mdy.com; Jon.Barrett@Tally.Hummingbird.com;
>> julian.reschke@gmx.de; gstein@lyra.org; qdaly@xythos.com;
>> GOConnell@PureEdge.com; richards.john-a@epamail.epa.gov;
>> odonnell.chris@epa.gov; Edwin_McCeney@ios.doi.gov;
>> Maewyn.Cumming@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk;
>> John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk; karl.best@oasis-open.org;
>> Diane.Lewis@nhtsa.dot.gov; Ted_Weir@blm.gov; Michael.Daconta@dhs.gov;
>> Niemann.Brand@epamail.epa.gov; susan.turnbull@gsa.gov; Chiusano
Joseph
>> Subject: IECM Standards Proposal
>>

>> Paul & Mike, thanks a bunch for taking the lead in crafting a
>> conceptual
>> proposal for specification of an international standard for
>> Interoperable Enterprise Content Management (IECM)!
>>
>> Such an effort would be a natural extension of AIIM's technical
>> report on document and records management functions:  ANSI/AIIM
>> TR48-2004, Framework for the Integration of Electronic Document
Management