Subject: Re: [regrep] FW: IECM Standards Proposal

Fuger, Sally wrote:

>+1 here, also. That's why I joined and remained active in the group!!
>
>Sally

Thanks to all the valuable inputs (whether supportive or questioning) on
my assertion that ebXML Registry core value is as a Content and Metadata
Management standard. At present we do not have consensus on this
assertion yet.

I think this is an important issue that we as a TC need to resolve.

In the past I have made distinctions between a CMS product and a CMS
standard and suggested that a CMS standard does not have to support all
the capabilities that are present in CMS products but instead only
support those capabilities that are necessary for interoperability
across different CM systems. Does this premise seem reasonable to TC
members? If so, the next step would be to identify CMS capabilities that
are necessary for interoperability across different CM systems and see
how we fare on these capabilities.

Does above tactics seem reasonable for resolving this issue? If not are
there other suggestions?