Subject: RE: [regrep] Draft abstract for OASIS Symposium submission - pleasereview!

Thanks Farrukh, excellent suggestions!

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services

From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 10:46 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: ebXML Regrep (ebXML Regrep); Diego Ballve
Subject: Re: [regrep] Draft abstract for OASIS Symposium submission -
pleasereview!

Looks like a great start Kathryn! Thanks.

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

>Should the abstract include something related to using a registry to
>manage a vocabulary, or registering vocabulary mappings, and do we have

>any implementation examples of this?

I think it should include that and all other use cases we are aware of.

I believe Digital Artefacts may have some deployments involving
vocabulary management.
Copying Diego in case he can provide some input.

>Should there be more emphasis in
>the abstract on the sharing of information between entities and how an
>ebXML registry enables this?

I think so. Our cooperating registry feature enables this very well and
was key to UN/CEFACT ICG and others adopting
ebXML Registry.

>The Audience levels are:
>*	Technical
>*	Implementation
>*	Management
>I would consider this presentation to be implementation.  Does that
>sound right?

Yes

>Please send comments ASAP so we can complete the submission by the
>deadline!

Suggest rewording the following:

"The majority of the presentation will concentrate on presenting a
number of use cases in which an ebXML Registry was implemented to solve
specific business problems. Participants will learn how ebXML Registries

have been deployed to production, lessons learned from those
implementations, and best practices for implementing an ebXML Registry."

as:

"The majority of the presentation will concentrate on presenting a
number of use cases including:

    * Web service registry
    * Vocabulary Management
    * eForms Server
    * eBusiness Process registry
    * Medical content repository
    * Standards registry

in which an ebXML Registry has been implemented to solve specific
business problems. Participants will learn how ebXML Registries are
being used in practice, lessons learned, and best practices for
implementing an ebXML Registry.