Subject: Re: [regrep] Standards approval process

Hi David,
Unfortunately we don't have the good XML format yet of course.
but I can give you an example about a serialisation.
take the reusables components provided by UBL TC and try to put them
into the xml format proposed in the document.
I've not done that yet but I think that it could be hard to do.

Our approach :
first question -> is the ebxml registry able to store all CCTS
information ? the answer is obviowsly Yes (this answer was simple!).

now, How we can do that? what registry objects we have to define? is
there a better general way to make that? this was more hard to do.

next step -> how to submit and retrieve CCs ?
There are several ways to serialise CCTS. could we use one already
existing format to do that or we need to create new one ?
for example we can't put every metadata information in a natural way to
XMI or NDR format (if someone has a different advise, I will be happy to
know that...). ebRIM seems to be to complex to be readable for humans...
So the answer seems to be yes, but for that I think that only a
UN/CEFACT group can do that.

The goals :
- to provide a definitively way to use an ebXML Registry to storing CCs.
- to define an API to submit, retrieve and find a set, or a single, CCs.
- to federate CCs between all existing registries. (future goal!)

(when we started the RepXML project we thought to find that here...).

best regards,
ivan