Subject: Re: [regrep] [RS Issue] Internal Vs. External Users

At the core of my comment is an understanding of facts in the enterprise
setting: An ebXML registry WILL NOT be an identity provider, unless of
course a very large software company decides to make a product and
successfully market it into many enterprise customers.  I doubt this
would happen, so we need to be very specific in saying that Identity
management is not a registry function.  By putting some kind of
abstraction in the specification, we still allow registries to support
being a minimal identity provider for small or pilot installations but
do not get in the way of serious enterprise installations either.

I have yet to encounter a paying customer of ebXML registry that was
especially happy about having an extra user database to support.  In
fact, since early days at XML Global, LDAP/ActiveDirectory integration
has been a top ask.

-Matt