Subject: Re: [regrep] Update on Spec approval process

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

> Farrukh,
>
> I feel that you are rushing this too much.  You need to give some of
> us a breather to go back and make comments and make thoughtful
> suggestions.
>
> I have not attended any of these review telecons because I felt that
> the process was being pushed way too hard.  You need to give
> reasonable time for those of us who are not full time on this
> standard.  I understand that you are anxious to move to the next
> release, however, I am much more interested in seeing a slow and
> stable release cycle with extremely well reviewed products at each
> release.

Fair comment Matt. Not every is able to spend the same amount of time on
this.

I cant help thinking though, that:

-The specs have been out for a month since draft 01 was published. We
received many good comments and have addressed them. At this point the
comments are drying out.

-We have momentum now and the TC is energetically engaged. All we needs
is a joint push to deliver this baby.

Of course whatever next steps we take will be decided as a team in
tomorrow's con call.

As always, thanks for your candid feedback.