Subject: [draft 03 comment] Error in HTTP interface examples etc.

(This email is being sent in HTML format. Let me know if that is a hardhsip for you and I will send a plain text version)

I found the following issues in draft 03...

They are all minor in my opinion. Let me know if anyone objects to these changes in the next version. Thanks.

1. [MINOR] RIM Section 2.4.3 Attribute home

Need to clarify that while home attribute is optional by default it is required for instances of the Registry class.
Need to clarify that it is used as base URL in the HTTP and SOAP URL endpoints to the registry. Here is the suggested revised text:

"

An Identifiable instance MAY have a home attribute. The home attribute, if present, MUST contain the base URL to the home registry for the RegistryObject instance. The home URL MUST be specified for instances of the Registry class that is defined later in this specification.

The base URL of a registry is:

  • Used as the URL prefix for SOAP and HTTP interface bindings to the registry.

  • Used to qualify the id of an Identifiable instance by its registry within a federated registry environment.

"

2. [MINOR] RS Section 3.3 ebXML Registry Service Interfaces SOAP Service Template

Need to clarify that the URL for the SOAP binding MUST conform to a pattern for interoprability reasons (example already shows the pattern but it is not clear that it is required).

Suggest appending following text at the end of  second bullet:

Original bullet: "The service element includes a port definitions, ...."

Text to append at the end of bullet text:

"The HTTP URL to the SOAP Service MUST conform to the pattern <base URL>/soap where <base URL> MUST be the same as the value of the home attribute of the instance of the Registry class defined by [ebRIM] that represents this registry."

3. [Minor] RS Chapter 4  HTTP Binding

Need to clarify that the URL for HTTP Binding MUST conform to a pattern for interoprability reasons (example already shows the pattern but it is not clear that it is required).

Suggest adding the following text as a new section 4.1 just before the current section 4.1 in draft 03:

"

4.1 HTTP Interface URL Pattern

"

4. [Minor] Section 4.2

Need to replace "rest" with "http" in the URLs in the various example listing for HTTP Binding.