Subject: Re: [regrep] [Draft] Statement of relationship with other standards

Dear colleagues,

Here is the revised (shortened) text based onKathryn's latest suggestions for your convenience.  Please comment on this revised version that follows...

As Kathryn mentioned, in order to submit our specs for OASIS standardization process next week we need
a statement of relationship of our specs with other standards. Per my ACTION from previous meetings I am
providing the draft text below.

Please share comments on this thread. Thanks.

<draft text>

[3.] A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations.

The OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications are aligned with a variety of other OASIS standards as described below.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message with Attachments (SwA) Profile 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for SOAP attachments within the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS XACML 1.0 specification is used to define the syntax for registry Access Control Policies.
  • The OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications are used to support Federated Identity Management and Single Sign On within the registry
The OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications have some similarities with the OASIS UDDI 3.0 standard in that both specifications define a registry standard.
Both specifications define a registry that is a web service. Both specifications define a registry that may be used as a registry for web services.
The two specifications have been independently developed and neither specifications uses the other as a dependency.

Limited similarities exist between the OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 and OASIS UDDI 3.0.
Both specifications define a registry for web services and a registry exposed as a web service.
UDDI 3.0 specifies a registry only, while ebXML Registry 3.0 specifies both a registry and a repository.
No explicit dependencies exist between the two OASIS specification efforts.