Subject: RE: [regrep] Proposed resolution to Diego Ballvé's public comment

Proposed resolution sounds agreeable to me!  Thanks Diego, Farrukh, and Richard!

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services

From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:56 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

Following is the proposed resolution for the recent comment submitted by
Diego Ballvé . Please review so we can resolve it in tomorrow's meeting.
Thanks.

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your valuable comment. Please see response inline below

comment-form@oasis-open.org wrote:

>Comment from: diego.ballve@digital-artefacts.fi
>
>[MINOR] Fix typo on SQL query compliance level

>File: regrep-3.0-cd-01/specs/regrep-rs-3.0-cd-01.pdf
>
>Section: 6.4, SQL Query Syntax
>
>Line: 1893
>

>Fix typo on SQL compliance level: "Entry Level SQL" should be
>
>"Intermediate Level SQL", since the registry normative Schema is
>obviously based on
>
>Intermediate
>
>Level SQL.

Thank you for pointing out this typographical error. We will replace

"Entry Level SQL" with "Intermediate Level SQL" at line 1893

as you suggest.

>Also, I suggest removing non-normative SQL BNF in section 6.4.1
>
>as it creates potential for inconsistencies. If possible, reference
>
>the "official" SQL BNF defined in the SQL92 specs.

We agree with above suggestion and will remove the non-normative SQL BNF
in section 6.4.1.
We will also include a reference to the SQL BNF in the SQL92 specs
already included in the
Normative References section.

Thanks for helping us improve our specifications.