Subject: [Final] Statement of relationship with other standards

<Anne Thomas Manes wrote>
Note that the WS-I BSP is not a formally adopted profile -- it's still
a draft. Given that it will certainly change, I don't think you should
claim conformance.

Also, this statement doesn't make sense:
"The registry conforms to the WS-I: Basic Profile 1.1 for SOAP conformance"

A web service can't conform to the WS-I BP only in terms of SOAP.
Conformance requires conformance in terms of protocol (SOAP),
description (WSDL), and registration (UDDI). A web service is WS-I BP
conformant if and only if it abides by all the rules in the BP. The
SOAP and WSDL conformance rules apply to the ebXML Registry protocol.
The UDDI conformance rules apply only to a specific instance, so I
think you can safely ignore these requirements. (And anyone setting up
an ebXML registry can always register it in a UDDI registry if they
want to.)

To be accurate, you should claim that the ebXML Registry protocol
conforms to the WS-I Basic Profile v1.1 and the WS-I Attachments
Profile 1.0. (That's assuming that ebXML Registry conforms both in
terms of SOAP protocol and WSDL description.)
<Anne Thomas Manes wrote>

Revised based on good suggestions from Anne above.... Thanks Anne.
Hopefully, this is the final version.

<Statement of relationship with other standards>

[3.] A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations.

The OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications are aligned with a variety of OASIS and other standards as described below.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message with Attachments (SwA) Profile 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for SOAP attachments within the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS XACML 1.0 specification is used to define the syntax for registry Access Control Policies.
  • The OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications are used to support Federated Identity Management and Single Sign On within the registry.
  • The registry conforms to the WS-I: Basic Profile 1.1 for SOAP and WSDL conformance.
  • The registry conforms to the WS-I: Attachments Profile 1.0 for SOAP with Attachments conformance.
Limited similarities exist between the OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 and OASIS UDDI 3.0.
Both specifications define a registry for web services and a registry exposed as a web service.
UDDI 3.0 specifies a registry only, while ebXML Registry 3.0 specifies both a registry and a repository.
No explicit dependencies exist between the two OASIS specification efforts.

</Statement of relationship with other standards>