Subject: FW: [chairs] TC Chair Update on the OASIS Symposium

Update on the OASIS Symposium.  We will need 3-4 slides for the TC
Lightning Round session for a 2-3 minute presentation on what the TC is
doing, status of documents, etc. We also need to designate the person
who will do this short Lightning Round session.  I will add this to the
agenda for our meeting Thursday morning.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services

From: Jane Harnad [mailto:jane.harnad@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:52 AM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] TC Chair Update on the OASIS Symposium

Dear OASIS TC Chairs:

The Symposium is only a month away!  Enclosed are a couple updates and
reminders:

~EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT ENDS 1 APRIL - THIS FRIDAY
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/registration.php

~HOTEL RESERVATION ROOM BLOCK DEADLINE IS 1 APRIL
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/hotel_info.php

~TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS (TCs)
We would like to once again thank all those TCs that are supporting the
Symposium by holding committee meetings in conjunction with the event.
We do hope this will again be a beneficial collaboration full of
networking and communication not only for your TC, but between TCs. A
complete list of TC meetings are posted on the event web site at
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/tc_meetings.php.

~TC LIGHTNING ROUNDS - 26 April beginning at 4:45 PM
As you all know, the Symposium will feature TC Lightning Round Updates.
It will promise to be a great opportunity to educate the members,
potential members, and the OASIS Board of Directors on what your TC has
accomplished. Each TC should designate one representative to deliver a
short (3-4 slides/2-3 minute) presentation. Once your TC has designated
this representative, please forward their name and contact information
directly to me at jane.harnad@oasis-open.org. If a TC representative
will not be present at the event, we ask that you please provide
materials for an OASIS staff person in advance. Note: A TC
representative or OASIS staff person will speak on behalf of each OASIS
TC during this Lightning Round Update.

~CHAIR WORKSHOP - BEYOND ROBERT'S RULES: EFFECTIVELY CHAIRING AN OASIS
COMMITTEE OASIS staff will join new, existing, and prospective TC
leaders to discuss issues surrounding TC Process, IPR, Kavi, membership,
InterOps, publicity, certification and testing, and more. All TC chairs,
secretaries, and editors are strongly encouraged to attend this session.
Anyone with an interest in a leadership role in a new or existing TC is
also welcome. Please signup using the online registration form at
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/registration.php.

~SYMPOSIUM BOOK TABLE
There is a growing body of books that feature technical and
executive-level information on OASIS Standards and specifications. The
Symposium Book Table will showcase these books at a display in the
registration area. This is not a book sale, but an opportunity to give
attendees a first-hand look at the range of available titles. A handout
listing all books, including information on purchasing options, will be
provided. Books will be on display for two days during the Symposium and
raffled off to attendees at the reception following the AGM. Authors,
publishers, or collectors interested in donating books should contact
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org by 1 APRIL.

~PROMOTION
Symposium registrations are increasing daily. The early-bird discount
ends 1 APRIL - THIS FRIDAY. Please help us continue the momentum by
forwarding out notices and/or the enclosed Flyer to all TC members,
prospects, and other related email lists. Please feel free to also post
the flyer or Symposium web address
(http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/index.php) on your
company web site. If you have any lists or prospects that you would like
us to forward information to, please send those ideas directly to me at
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org.

Thank you again for reviewing all the above and please feel free to call
or email me directly with any questions.  We look forward to seeing you
in New Orleans.

Regards,
Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Symposium Flyer.pdf