Subject: Re: [regrep] Lightning round ppt question

Diego Ballve wrote:

>Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
>

>>The graphic in the ppt may not be representing the whole picture as well
>>as it should.  The references to services in the diagram may imply to
>>folks that the registry is only for registering services, missing the
>>rich capability to register any type of asset, including services.
>>Perhaps we should use a higher level graphic?  Would it be better to use
>>Figure 1 from the RS, which shows a simplified view of ebXML Registry
>>architecture?
>>

>I don't think so. We already describe the parts (as features) in slide
>4. Given the limited number of slides, I find a picture telling "what is
>it for" more appealing than "how is it organized". I think if the
>audience gets interested in the business value of regrep they will
>search and find more about the architecture.

+1

The registry does the following 3 core things for any type of artifact:

-Publish

-Governance / Management

-Discovery

Here are some end user use cases that we should try and capture in the
picture:

-Web Service Artifcats (WSDL, XML Schema) Publish, Governance and Discovery

-ebXML Core Components Publish, Governance and Discovery

-WSRP Artifacts (Portlet and Producer Services Descriptions) Publish,
Governance and Discovery

-Publish, Governance and Discovery of eForms and their data

-Operational data store for web services (run time usage by a web
service to store/discover its application specific content)

Now if the picture could show the above artifacts in the registry and
arrows from those artifacts to a box showing the use case that would be
good.
For example, one could show a Core Component Assembly tool as a box and
show it connected to a CC box inside registry. Hope this gets the idea
across. Diego, is this what you had in mind?