Subject: Re: [regrep] Whither ebRS conformance testing?

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
>
>> I believe that we may have an opportunity to work with OASIS to provide
>> additional visibility of ebXML implementations.  I would like to see
>> these available through our TC site and/or an umbrella ebXML site in
>> OASIS.
>>

> OASIS has no ability at present to host open source projects.

I should have said:

As far as I know, OASIS has no ability at present to host open source
projects and that there is no existing precedent for it.

> Also IMO, the issue is really not one for the TC to decide but is
> entirely a private matter between project initiator (NIST)
> and whoeever they wish to collaborate with to do *their* open source
> project (hopefully freebXML.org).

I should add that the TC does have decision over whether they approve
the proposed NIST open source project as the official
conformance tests for the TC specifications.

>> Kathryn Breininger
>> Boeing Library Services
>> 425-965-0182 phone

begin:vcard